Google Cloud – is a subsidiary of Google LLC, – the most popular search engine of the decade. It provides a variety of remote computing resources on a small price which can be accessed by signing up on its platform with an internet connected device. It was first launched 13 years ago on April 7, 2018 and was coded in JAVA, C++, Python, GO and Ruby. From date of launching, it became very popular among business, organizations and firms for its low rate and high-quality services. Google several times updated its user interface and has been continuously adding new options, features and security updates each and every day which also helped in shaping its customer database.
Currently Google cloud provides over 100 products, tools and services under its brand name and some of them are; Database and Storage, Hosting, Networking and Big Data. It is mainly a service for building, maintaining and deployment of applications. In the decade since its launch, Google has developed and acquired many products, tools, and services to enhance its platform users and clients.
Today, Google Cloud is one the top cloud service provider in the world and its clients includes popular multinational brands and companies like eBay, UPS, Etsy, 20th Century Fox, Twitter, Nintendo, PayPal and The Home Depot.
Mentioning all Google Cloud products and Services in one article is not easy. So, here we are providing some of the best and most popular key products and services offered by Google Cloud to its clients worldwide.
GOOGLE CLOUD KEY PRODUCTS
1. Google Compute engine – It is a basic service provided by Google offers to its clients. This service also competes with other popular cloud service providers like Amazon, Cisco and IBM. This features also runs on YouTube, Gmail and Other services. It enables its client to launch virtual Machines, Software and applications and test them.
2. Google Cloud Storage – is a RESTful storage system which enables Google Cloud users to store, share and access the stored data from anywhere anytime. It is perfect example of Google’s performance and Scalability. It comes with a great layer of security and Sharing capability of Google. With, Google Cloud Storage you don’t have to worry about security of your data.
3. Google Kubernetes engine (GKE) – it is one of the best services provided by Google Cloud to Developers and Coders. It provides a well-managed environment to its clients to deploy, manage, and scale their containerized application using Google’s infrastructures. The Google Cloud Kubernetes engine is made up of multiple machine (Compute engines), grouped together to form a cluster.
4. Google App engine – It is a server less Google Cloud offered platform for coding, developing and hosting web-based applications at scale. You can choose several languages available in it, Codes, Libraries, and frameworks to develop your application (apps), then the app engine will take of dedicating servers and scaling your apps based on the demand. The apps are hosted in Google – managed data centers. Applications are first sandboxed and run across multiple servers.
5. ANTHOS – it was first released in year 2019, and is a modern high tech well-managed application management platform offered by Google Cloud to its clients and users that offers continuous development, operations and experience for both cloud and on-premises environments. Its components are available to use for GCP, Kubernetes, On-Premises and even of competitor like Amazon AWS.
Running applications via ANTHOS do not requires administration, Different Environments and APIs, and the application is run through cloud of your choice.
GOOGLE CLOUD PRICING
Each Google cloud service, tools, application, software and Product you uses consumes the basic resources of Google cloud computing which is processing power, memory power, bandwidth, data storage, Network and connectivity. Like other cloud service providers, Google Cloud charges its customers for the resources that these services and Products consume. So, whatever you choose to do with Google Cloud, you pay for the resources they consume. Google Cloud Big Query and Google BigTable can incur some significant expense in data storage consumption. The cost model is pay-as-you-go which means, you pay for what you use and how much you use.
The formulas for determining the actual value for resource consumption are actually somewhat complicated. A different pricing model is Google Cloud’s automated workload deployment mechanism, specifically for Cloud Run. That model will be explained in a moment.
Typically, google Cloud charges with a base price of 0 $0.021 to $0.026 per virtual CPU per hour of use or purchasing, plus from $0.0029 to $0.0035 per gigabyte per hour for storage and uses.
Google Cloud Run Cost charges between $0.086 to $0.12 per hour of virtual CPU you use and process, and between $0.009 to $0.013 per hour of storage you use. Prices may differ on basis of what zone in you are. Google ANTHOS may cost you upto $0.012 per virtual CPU you use and process per hour, or $9 per virtual CPU you use and process per month. Management charges for on-campus equipment charges a premium of $0.10 per virtual CPU you use or process per hour or $75 per month in United States.